Thursday, January 19, 2012

First Post, Block'Ems announcement

I've been interested in game design and programming for about 10 years now. Due to a series of events over the last couple years, I've finally gotten to a point where I am capable of bringing my ideas to life. This is a blog of that creation.

I've set a new years resolution for myself to create a game every month. I cheated a bit on my first game, Block'Ems. This has been an idea of mine for 3 years now, and I finally re-started it a day or two before Christmas this year. So it's taking a bit longer than a month, but I feel that's fair for my first time.

Block'Ems:

Play Block'Ems


I'm very excited for this game. It's a puzzle flash game written in AS3. The object of the game is to fill all the goals (the colored pads at the bottom emitting little orbs) with the like-colored blocks. There are a lot of other block types too. Slanted walls, sand blocks which disappear after a while, buttons that open doors, teleporters, and force fields that only allow the same color to pass.


The game currently only has 10 levels defined, but my goal is 50. I'd call the game in beta.


Play Block'Ems

No comments:

Post a Comment